[News] Review of STUX 2.0 and Mandriva 2009 KDE

STUX 2.0 exhibits major improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| STUX 2.0 has come far beyond the bug-ridden unusable system I encountered in
| my previous review. I would even recommend it to people looking for a new
| distribution to try, though with a hearty warning about setting a root
| password immediately after the install. The unique artwork adds a special
| touch to what is already a fine distribution, setting it apart from the
| ever-increasing crowd of good distributions.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/150596

Install Mandriva 2009 KDE 4.1

,----[ Quote ]
| I installed Mandriva 2009 with the new KDE 4.1 desktop by default and was
| impressed with the over all feel. Compared to older versions of Mandriva,
| Mandriva 2009 seemed quicker and snappier and gave me a clean feel while
| browsing. I enjoyed the theme, background and panel tones much more in this
| latest release of Mandriva.  Not to mention Mandriva 2009 pulled of using KDE
| 4.1 as its default desktop.
`----

http://linuxdistrochoices.com/blog/video/install-mandriva-2009-kde-41/

Related:

STUX 0.9.2 Screenshot Walkthrough

,----[ Quote ]
| Based on Slackware current as at 8 October 2006 (Slackware 11.0);
| Linux kernel upgraded to 2.6.17 from KNOPPIX CD 5.0.1; KDE, and all
| programs executed from KDE, now run as unprivileged user; userm
| anagement, also when running from live CD, is more sophisticated...
`----

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/?q=node/34

Recent:

Worldwide 2009 Mandriva Linux Installfest

,----[ Quote ]

http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/worldwide-2009-mandriva-linux-installfest