[News] Audio Equipment Built Using GNU/Linux

Indamixx sound box plays on Linux base

,----[ Quote ]
| Hip hop artists might not be the most obvious target for Linux evangelists,
| but a little-known distribution called Transmission is making waves. It's
| what powers Indamixx, a pro audio production system that runs on a customised
| Samsung handheld computer created by Trinity Audio Group. Developed by 64
| Studio Ltd. on a mixed Debian/Ubuntu base, Transmission and its bundled
| applications are a quintessential open source story.
|
| [...]
|
| The lesson for open source developers is straightforward: simple application
| interfaces with fewer bells and knobs are easier to adapt. The open source
| nature of this software makes 64 Studio's work possible, opening up pro audio
| tools to platforms and audiences that would normally go straight for
| proprietary offerings on chunkier laptops. The development process of
| Transmission and the Indamixx -- taking in several different companies and a
| large community of developers and musicians -- demonstrates the power of this
| open, participatory approach. The proof may be in the Indamixx device in the
| DJ's booth at your local club Saturday night.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/1508

Recent:

64 Studio Review

,----[ Quote ]
| So, what do I think of 64 Studio?  On the one hand, there doesn’t seem to be
| much of a difference on the surface between 64 Studio and just taking a
| vanilla Debian install and installing the same packages as 64 Studio.  On the
| other hand, there’s something to be said about a distro that already has all
| the packages installed and that you can just hand to a technologically-minded
| creative person and they can install it and start getting creative with free
| software.  Minus points for not having a graphical installer and minus points
| for having the menu bar at the bottom.
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2008/08/21/64-studio-review/

Related:

Press Release - 64 Studio 2.0 'Electric' released!

,----[ Quote ]
| 64 Studio is a GNU/Linux distribution tailor-made for digital content
| creation, including audio, video, graphics and publishing tools. A remix of
| Debian, it comes in both AMD64/Intel64 and 32-bit flavours, to run on nearly
| all PC hardware.
`----

http://64studio.com/press_release

[64studio-devel] 64 Studio 1.1.0 is out for testing

,----[ Quote ]
| I've prepared a test 1.1.0 release, which is meant to  be the first of
| the testing  releases   which will   lead   to  the next  stable   2.0
| release. If  you want to  stick to stable  version please just use the
| actual 1.0.0.
`----

http://lists.64studio.com/pipermail/64studio-devel/2007-January/003004.html

Why Vista sounds worse

,----[ Quote ]
| Changes to how the latest version of Windows handles audio playback has
| caused unexpected quality issues for musicians and consumers alike, reports
| Tim Anderson
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/31/microsoft.technology

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Adjust Volume of Individual Applications with PulseAudio

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/04/10/adjust-volume-of-individual-applications-with-pulseaudio/