[News] Google's Linux Servers Pile Adds Java (GPL); New ESB Features in Mule

Google App Engine to support Java (starting this week?)

,----[ Quote ]
| Word on the street: Google's Prasad Ram said that Google App Engine will now
| support Java at recent Google developer event in India.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-10070321-62.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

MuleSource Enriches SOA Governance Platform with Powerful New Features for
Customization and Increased Productivity

,----[ Quote ]
| MuleSource, the leading provider of open source service oriented architecture
| (SOA) infrastructure software, today announced the general availability of
| Mule Galaxy 1.5, the latest major release of MuleSource's open source SOA
| governance platform with integrated registry/repository.
`----

http://www.centredaily.com/business/technology/story/913733.html

Recent:

Study: Java still top programming language

,----[ Quote ]
| Java has its detractors, but according to a recent reading of the Tiobe
| Programming Community Index, it's still the dominant programming language,
| with little change in its overall popularity since August 2007. Runners up?
| C, (Visual) Basic, C++, and PHP.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10009669-16.html

Eclipse rev's mobile Java IDE

,----[ Quote ]
| The Eclipse Foundation has updated its integrated development environment
| (IDE) for mobile Java application developers. Eclipse Mobile Tools for Java
| (MTJ) 0.9 aims to help developers target specific devices, including Linux
| phones from Motorola, which next month will release Motodev Studio for Java
| 2.0 based on MTJ, the Foundation says.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5618687582.html?kc=rss

Java Sound & Music Software for Linux, Part 3

,----[ Quote ]
| The Java Sound API contains strong support for MIDI, but I was surprised to
| find no full-size MIDI sequencers written for Java. Happily, JavaSound's MIDI
| capabilities are well-exploited by a variety of applications.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/java-sound-music-software-linux-part-3

Java Sound & Music Software for Linux, Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| I'll close this section and this part of my survey with a brief presentation
| of Sonogram, a neat program for analyzing and viewing audio signals in
| various analysis methods and display formats. I've run out of space, but the
| screenshot in Figure 11 should give you an idea of Sonogram's capabilities.
| It's a very cool program, useful and interesting for more than its eye-candy,
| thanks to its wide variety of signal analysis algorithms.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/java-sound-music-software-linux-part-2

Java developers get repository help

,----[ Quote ]
| Sonatype on Tuesday began offering a tool for Java developers to manage
| internal Maven-based code repositories and access external Maven
| repositories.
|
| The company's Nexus 1.0 product is a Maven repository manager; the Maven
| Central Repository itself features a repository for binary artifacts and
| publicly available project metadata, the company said.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1255217015&rid=-50

Slimmer Java for the desktop

,----[ Quote ]