[News] Alliance for Web Standards-based Applications Expands Scope

OpenAjax Alliance Sets Standards for Metadata, Widget Interop and Mashup
Security

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenAjax Alliance taps its broad industry membership to deliver standards
| for metadata integration, mashup security and widget interoperability. The
| organization tapped leading members such as IBM, Microsoft, Adobe, Aptana,
| the Eclipse Foundation, Google, the Dojo Foundation and others to help craft
| the standard.
|
| The OpenAjax Alliance has made good on promises it made earlier about
| boosting enterprise-class Web development with new Web 2.0 specifications and
| widget standards.
|
| I first reported on the organization's moves in September, when Jon
| Ferraiolo, a Web architect in IBM's emerging technologies group, shed light
| on the subject at a rich Web conference in Vienna, Va. Ferraiolo discussed
| early work on the efforts now coming to fruition in terms of metadata
| integration, mashup security and a widget interoperability standard. At the
| event in early September in Virginia, Ferraiolo spoke on Interoperable
| Asynchronous JavaScript and XML (AJAX) tools and mashups.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/OpenAjax-Alliance-Set-Standards-for-Metadata-Widget-Interop-and-Mashup-Security/

ENEA Joins OpenSAF Foundation - Expands Knowledge Base & Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenSAF Foundation today announced that ENEA AB, a leading provider of
| network software and services, and a pioneer in commercial high availability
| middleware, is the latest company to join the OpenSAF Foundation. In addition
| to contributing to the OpenSAF project, ENEA joins the Board of Directors of
| the OpenSAF Foundation.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/enea-joins-opensaf-foundation--/story.aspx?guid=%7B1B30AC43-973B-4B8F-8047-6730FC93D374%7D&dist=hppr

Recent:

Tooling Around With Ajax

,----[ Quote ]
| Ajax toolkits are abundant. There are probably a half dozen leading products
| plus another half dozen behind that, according to Hakman. They can mix and
| match features, and all of them are open source, accessible and liberally
| licensed, he noted.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Tooling-Around-With-Ajax-63607.html

AJAX wave evades vendors

,----[ Quote ]
| Ajax developers are turning away from commercial development tools and opting
| for free, open source alternatives.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/01/02/ajax_tools_survey/

Related:

OpenAjax Alliance tackles interoperability

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/macworld/20060920/tc_macwo