Re: [News] McCreevy and Cronies Try to Choke Innovation in Europe

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

____/ Phil Da Lick! on Tuesday 21 October 2008 08:59 : \____

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

[More (i.e. poorer) patents = more lawsuits, less innovation]

McCreevy appeals for compromise as Community patent clock continues to tick
down

What a shyster. Once again from a pro patent fuckwad "compromise" means
the anti patent brigade giving in to the pro lobby.

I really hope Europe does stay strong on this issue else all freedom to
innovate in the pure software market will be gone. Open source could see
some dire consequences too.

Maybe he's just being bamboozled. There's lots of legalised bribery where he
is, but he's also surrounded by greedy people who are feeling terrified by
Free software... or, well... competition. They want to buy fences on the
cheap.

Let's build science on a foundation of fences, shall we?

The Irish are whores for the big US multinationals. Because of their lenient tax rates for US companies most big US software companies operate in Europe out of Ireland. Therefore the Irish position is to benefit these guys. Couple that with the recent trouble with the Irish "no-vote" and the Irish have to be seen to be doing something... anything... hence the renewed push for their US masters in the name of EU innovation.