[News] Emtec Movie Cube Violates Freedom Laws, Big Media Attacks Legitimate Music Site

  • Subject: [News] Emtec Movie Cube Violates Freedom Laws, Big Media Attacks Legitimate Music Site
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:56:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Emtec Movie Cubes

,----[ Quote ]
| here a GPL-Viaolation extreme, the complete Movie Cube series from
| Emtec Movie Cube series is based on GPL-Software.
| Emtec doesn`t share the source!
`----

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.law.gpl.violations.legal/1167

Legit free music site downed

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is where things hit a snag. Jeff has registered the label’s songs under
| the Creative Commons License, which is only available to see while the site
| is on-line. The host insists it requires the US Copyright Office forms from
| back in the daze where things were done by monks chained to desks.
|
| If that wasn’t enough, Jeff has also had his main storage drive crash on him
| and lost most of the material he had, which means all his website material is
| gone. He’s addressing the fans to send him whatever artwork and songs they
| have so he can rebuild from scratch.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/20/legit-free-music-site-downed

Recent:

British Government Violates Copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| As much as I utterly despise the entire premise of Intellectual Monopoly,
| this is about violating the principles of a Free License, and if it's good
| enough for the British government to violate our civil rights in the name of
| Intellectual Monopoly, then it's good enough for the Free World to protect
| its "property" (in fact Freedom) too…
`----

http://slated.org/british_government_violates_copyright

UK government stole website theme

,----[ Quote ]
| NUMBER 10, the UK Prime Minister's website, is apparently built using a
| design it nicked.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/08/18/uk-government-stole-website

US presidential candidate is a pirate