[News] More Automated Deployments of Free Software on GNU/Linux

Peopleware and BitRock Collaborate to Make Systems Monitoring Easy to Setup

,----[ Quote ]
| When Peopleware, a company that provides consulting and systems
| administration, decided three years ago to design a product for monitoring
| business systems, it was clear that it had to be open source.
|
| "Our product, Osmius, competes in the same arena with very large companies in
| the world of IT. For that, as well as sociological reasons, our business
| model based on open source gives us competitive advantages," said David Sanz,
| CEO of Peopleware.

Where Would We Be Without Open Source?

,----[ Quote ]
| As yourself these questions:
|
| Would proprietary, closed software have any reason to evolve without the
| threat of open source?
| Would technology have grown as quickly without open source pushing it along?
| Would your job be as easy without open source?
| Would your network be as safe without open source?
| Would your business be able to expand as easily without open source?
| Would your developers work as quickly without open source?
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=287

Recent:

Bitrock on center stage with its Network Service

,----[ Quote ]
| Faster time to Network/market through BitRock should enable more open-source
| companies to scale revenue faster which, in turn, should result in more
| open-source code being written. What's not to like?
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9941040-16.html

BitRock: Application Installation in a Networked World

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2008/02/12/bitrock-application-installation-in-a-networked-world/