[News] Free Software Adopted in GPLv3 Form, National Indian Conference Organised

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Adopted in GPLv3 Form, National Indian Conference Organised
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 00:35:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

GPL Project Watch List for Week of 10/17

,----[ Quote ]
| This week our GPL v3 count is at 3334 GPL v3 projects, an increase of 97 GPL
| v3 projects. The AGPL v3 count is at 181 AGPL v3 projects. The LGPL v3 number
| is at 370 LGPL v3 projects, an increase of 25 LGPL v3 projects.
`----

http://gpl3.blogspot.com/2008/10/gpl-project-watch-list-for-week-of-1017.html

National Conference On Free Software, Kochi India

,----[ Quote ]
| National Conference On Free Software 2008 is being organized in Cochin
| Kerala(India) on 15 and 16 November 2008. Last years event was held in
| Hyderabad and for some reason I didn't get news in time. Perhaps we should
| remedy this time around, I request readers to please spread the word about
| the conference widely.
`----

http://playingwithsid.blogspot.com/2008/10/national-conference-on-free-software.html

"Don’t encourage new, cross-platform Java classes, especially don’t help get
great Win 32 implementations written/deployed. [...] Do encourage
fragmentation of the Java classlib space."

                                --Ben Slivka, Microsoft

Recent:

GPLv3, one year later

,----[ Quote ]
| As Brown points out, "GPLv3 is probably the most adopted license in the last
| year. And it seems to achieve its aims thus far." For any other license, this
| performance would be a runaway success. It is only by comparison with the
| dominance of the second version of the GPL licenses that the success of the
| third versions might seem disappointing.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/139885

How The GPL Defangs Patent Trolls

,----[ Quote ]