[News] Examples of New (and Happy) GNU/Linux Converts

Why good people make bad OS choices

,----[ Quote ]
| For my mother-in-law, I picked her up an ASUS Eee 900A, which runs Xandros
| Linux for, with sales tax, just over $300. She loves it and she's been
| reading the Miami Herald news using Firefox and playing solitaire like a
| fiend for the last day and a half.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/why_good_people_make_bad_os_choices

R.I.P. - Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s true that Ubuntu has some quirks for the user switching from XP, but
| I’ve found these quirks to be a byproduct of 15 years of Windows use - not
| any inherent problem with Ubuntu itself.  In fact, once I get used to the
| Ubuntu way of doing things, they’re almost universally better.
|
| I have debated for 3 years making the switch to a linux distro, and after 2
| weeks of making the switch, this is all I have to say:
|
| Goodbye Windows XP.  May you rest in peace.
`----

http://www.tannerhelland.com/2008/10/goodbye-windows-xp-ubuntu-has-made-a-believer-out-of-me/

*Not* Apple is Microsoft's #1 rival. Microsoft says it Linux, and this is why.

| work to do."
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/151568/ballmer_still_searching_for_an_answer_to_google.html

The Power of Perception