[News] Review of Songbird 0.7.0 on GNU/Linux

Songbird 0.7.0 Review - Audio Player for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I'll start with a quote from the official Songbird homepage, which goes
| like 'Songbird promises to be the Firefox of media players'. Although not
| (yet) as popular in the audio players world as Firefox is in the one of web
| browsers, Songbird looks and offers an interface which integrates both
| powerful browsing features and music collection management.
|
| [...]
|
| I liked this Songbird release better than the last version I tried, but I
| think it needs some improvements too, like the UI font size or more features
| regarding the collection management. Having such a powerful integrated web
| browser may be useful to some, although it can look a little bloated to
| others. Nevertheless, Songbird is is worth a try for any of you who like to
| fetch music information while listening, get lyrics etc, without opening an
| additional web browser.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2008/10/songbird-070-review-audio-player-for.html

Recent:

Songbird Rocks!

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm not that picky when it comes to desktop audio player. Typically, I just
| use whatever audio player that comes with my Linux distro. As long as it
| plays all of my audio files (with the right plugins of course), I'm good.
| Until most recently, when I've tried those iTunes replacements that I wrote
| about a while ago, I've discovered Songbird, and it quickly became my
| favorite audio player.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/09/songbird-rocks.html

Songbird 0.7.0, finally a functional player for linux!

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird is built from the ground up on the Mozilla project. The media
| player's UI is programmed in the same XML User Interface Language (XUL) that
| Firefox uses for its UI. Much like Firefox, Songbird has support for
| user-created extensions, and you can improve the player functionalities
| simply by installing extensions as you usually do with the Firefox browser.
`----

http://motonacciu.blogspot.com/2008/09/songbird-070-finally-functional-player.html

Songbird 0.6 - The Bird Got Wings

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird is practically two things, both an audio player and a web browser.
| As an audio player, it does what it's supposed to do: it plays music,
| providing a library but not much of other options.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/06/songbird-06-bird-got-wings.html

Songbird media player: the love child of Mozilla and WinAmp

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080416-songbird-sets-music-free.html