[News] Proprietary Applications That Run on Linux (and FOSS Alternatives)

PSPP brings an industry standard statistical tool to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Newer versions of SPSS work on Linux, thanks to the cross-platform magic of
| Java, but a fully enabled (non-student) license costs nearly $1,700, and
| annual maintenance costs an additional $425. Worse, the license is
| time-limited -- in 2011 my legally purchased license of SPSS 11 will expire.
| The cost and licensing provisions of SPSS create an opportunity for our
| community to develop an alternative.
|
| PSPP: An open source alternative
|
| As an open source alternative, PSPP 0.6 is an incomplete yet compelling
| product that should grab the attention of developers and end users alike. It
| gives Linux a general purpose data analysis tool with the accessibility
| advantages of its proprietary cousin. If you're in the market for an open
| source statistical package, there are two reasons PSPP should be on your
| short list: its new GUI, psppire, and its high degree of compatibility with
| SPSS syntax.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/150363

Another things that's deployed on GNU/Linux:

Siteconcept to Distribute the AXIGEN Mail Server in France

,----[ Quote ]
| AXIGEN and Siteconcept close partnership for expanding the distribution of
| the AXIGEN Mail Server in France.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10938.html

Recent:

German Rapid-I pushes open source data mining forward

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ovum.com/news/euronews.asp?id=7137