[News] RPM Fusion Now in Testing, ATI Catalyst 8.10 in Beta

RPM Fusion enters testing state

,----[ Quote ]
| RPM Fusion, a merge of several former Fedora 3rd party repositories providing
| licence/patent problematic packages, has entered the public testing state.
| Fedora Rawhide users can now start using it, and the brave among the Fedora 9
| and Fedora 8 users can also help testing.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/rpm-fusion-enters-testing-state/

Canonical Publishes ATI Catalyst 8.10 Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Whatever the official case is, Canonical is now providing an ATI Linux driver
| that isn't yet available to ATI's customers through their driver web-site.
| This driver is part of the fglrx 8.54 release stream, which makes it part of
| what should be Catalyst 8.10. Considering this is a beta driver, don't be
| surprised if there are a few bugs in this initial X Server 1.5 support or
| fallout elsewhere. At least ATI card owners will now be able to use Ubuntu
| 8.10 with a working graphics driver. With this release now out there, we will
| continue our exploration of this new driver.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=canonical_catalyst_811&num=1

Recent:

What is the RPM Fusion project?

,----[ Quote ]
| Hans de Goede: We want to be a one stop place for Fedora add-on packages
| which cannot be in Fedora proper due to various issues. Currently we are a
| merger of the dribble, freshrpms and livna repositories, and we invite other
| repositories to join us.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/RPMFusion

The RPM Fusion Project

,----[ Quote ]
| We aim to provide support for all 'current' versions of Fedora including
| devel,
| for i386, ppc, ppc64 and x86_64.
|
| We hope to attract new Fedora packagers and many other 3rd party
| repositories.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/249179/

Related:

RPM Fusion for Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Time will tell if RPM Fusion will live up to its own expectations and will be
| able to provide a consistent and fully working 3rd party repository for
| Fedora 9 or even Fedora 8.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/11/11/rpm-fusion-for-fedora/

First rpm.org-RPM version released

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently the first version of rpm.org’s RPM tool was released. While it is
| only a minor version (4.4.2.1) this release is a milestones because it is a
| coordinated release between the participating distributions.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/07/24/first-rpmorg-rpm-version-released/

RPM Package Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the home of the official RPM Package Manager (RPM) code base!
`----

http://rpm5.org/

Install .rpm Files in Debian and Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Some time you might find some applications are having only .rpm files but
| you want a .deb package for your debian,Ubuntu and other debian derived
| ditributions.If you can?t find .deb debian package in any of the
| debian,ubuntu repositories or elsewhere, you can use the alien
| package converter  to install the .rpm file.
|
| Alien is a program that converts between the rpm, dpkg, stampede slp,
| and slackware tgz file formats. If you want to use a package from
| another distribution than the one you have installed on your system, you
| can use alien to convert it to your preferred package format and install
| it.
`----

http://www.debianadmin.com/install-rpm-files-in-debian-and-ubuntu.html

Fedora Project to Help Revitalize RPM

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Project has announced plans to revitalize RPM, the package
| manager used by many Linux distros.
`----

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/12/15/040258&from=rss

The future of RPM