[News] New Release of BeBop GNU/Linux and Squiz Open Source

BeBop Linux Released

,----[ Quote ]
| My name is Marlon Cabrera Oliveira. I live in Curitiba, State of Parana,
| Brazil with my wife Josiane and soon with my first son Fernando. I work as
| Security Analyst  in a Financial Company and I use Linux since 1998 in 2004 I
| moved to Gentoo, after using many distros.
`----

http://blog.funtoo.org/2008/10/bebop-linux-released.html

Squiz Intros Open Source Social Networking Platform Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Squiz, an enterprise-class open source CMS MySource Matrix developers,
| reportedly announced the availability of its Open Source Social Networking
| Platform Module.
`----

http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/applications/articles/42601-squiz-intros-open-source-social-networking-platform-software.htm

Social and Linux:

My Quick Ohio Linux Fest Recap

http://blog.nixternal.com/2008.10.13/my-quick-ohio-linux-fest-recap/

Recent:

IBM and social networking

,----[ Quote ]
| Some time ago I had a long talk with an IBM’er about social networking.
|
| [...]
|

| All of which leads to something I have been saying for many years, but which
| the journalism profession has been studiously ignoring.
|
| That is, any journalism enterprise exists to organize and advocate an
| industry, a community or lifestyle. Most get the advocacy part. None has yet
| figured out the directory bit.
|
| Could you build a newspaper with Bluehouse?
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2964

Microsoft-backed social network gets walloped

,----[ Quote ]
| A would-be social network called Wallop has shut its doors, according to a
| message on the home page.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-10041856-36.html

Related:

Social Networking Goes Open Source With Insoshi

,----[ Quote ]
| Insoshi is not the first company to release its social networking code.
| Broadband Mechanics has always emphasized the openness of its
| PeopleAggregator platform, and even Ning, the most publicized DIY social
| networking company, will give you the underlying code if you request it.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/04/29/social-networking-goes-open-source-with-insoshi/

Social Networking and Open Source: Cut From the Same Cloth

,----[ Quote ]
| However, social and open source are starting to actually blend -- where
| social networking is beginning to help open source developers, and open
| source is coming into being a critical enabler of the evolving social
| networking era of the Internet.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Social-Networking-and-Open-Source-Cut-From-the-Same-Cloth-62786.html

Social networking gets a Ringside seat

,----[ Quote ]
| Bickel says he chose an open source business model and built Ringside with a
| LAMP stack and all open source tools as a way to "give back" to a community
| he has grown to love while involved in business strategy and implementation
| at JBoss and Bluestone Software.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/132248

Google Buys Mobile Social Network Zingku

,----[ Quote ]
| The company has confirmed that it bought "certain assets and technology of
| Zingku," according to the Google Operating System blog, which first reported
| the deal, and is not owned by Google.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070929/tc_pcworld/137853

Hackers Crash the Social Networking Party

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20061003/tc_pcworld/127347