[News] Lowered Barriers to GNU/Linux with Ubuntu

Noob-untu-ism isn't nice.

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical Ltd. has recognized the importance of making Software Libre easy
| and accessible for users of all skill levels. Rather than focusing narrowly
| on corporate or scientific uses of technology, Canonical has created a Linux
| based Operating System and dubbed it Ubuntu (meaning "Humanity to others").
| The motto for Ubuntu Linux, "Linux for human beings", implies that technology
| can and should be designed to be easy and intuitive for the average user.
|
| As a result of the user-friendly design principal promoted by Canonical,
| Ubuntu has become a widely used and actively developed Operating System.
| Making software that is simple and powerful has helped our community to grow
| into demographics which might not have otherwise experienced the benefits and
| liberation provided by ongoing efforts. There is also strong community
| support for Ubuntu, including discussion forums, a community wiki and a
| highly active IRC chatroom.
`----

http://gnumedia.org/noob-untu-ism

Xubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) Screenshots Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Xubuntu is a complete GNU/Linux based operating system with an Ubuntu base.
| It is lighter on system requirements and tends to be more efficient than
| Ubuntu with GNOME or KDE, since it uses the Xfce Desktop environment, which
| makes it ideal for old or low-end machines, thin-client networks, or for
| those who would like to get more performance out of their hardware.
`----

http://www.debianadmin.com/xubuntu-804-hardy-heron-screenshots-tour.html

Recent:

Ubuntu 8.10 Has a Brand New Wallpaper

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Shuttleworth promised a new and breathtaking theme for the upcoming
| Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)
| operating system, but until now we saw a dark and ugly one (NewHuman, also
| know as DarkRoom) introduced in the first alpha release, which disappeared in
| Alpha 4 and was replaced by an up-to-date version of the classical Human
| Murrine theme. Later, in the Beta release,
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-8-10-Has-a-Brand-New-Wallpaper-95451.shtml

Wubi-ing Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Beta

,----[ Quote ]