[News] SELinux in the Latest Linux, Other Changes

SELinux and Security changes in the 2.6.27 Kernel

,----[ Quote ]
| # SELinux deferred mapping of filesystem contexts
| This patch by Stephen Smalley addresses the case where "alien" SELinux
| security labels need to be written to the local filesystem, for example, in
| the case of building RPMs where the local policy is different to the policy
| on the system where the RPM is to be installed. This will help with enabling
| SELinux on build systems (e.g. in the Fedora infrastructure) and more
| generally with packagers and ISVs shipping third party policy with RPMS.
`----

http://james-morris.livejournal.com/35287.html

Kernel Log: New stable kernels and Nvidia drivers, long-term maintenance for
2.6.27

,----[ Quote ]
| Adrian Bunk has announced that he intends to maintain the 2.6.27 kernel in
| the long term, turning it into a "longtime supported kernel". He wants to
| take over the maintenance of the 2.6.27 kernel series when the maintainers of
| the Linux stable series stop their support – this should happen just before
| or shortly after the release of Linux 2.6.29, which is due in about five to
| six months according the general maintenance strategy.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/Kernel-Log-New-stable-kernels-and-Nvidia-drivers-long-term-maintenance-for-2-6-27--/news/111712

Recent:

LinuxWorld preview: IBM engineer touts SELinux

,----[ Quote ]
| As SELinux adoption grows, therefore, the research-and-development challenge
| is to make it more user-friendly. "As we find issues, we'll fix them,"
| Shanker said. "We have to make it easier for the regular person to use. Once
| they learn it, they love it."
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1323731,00.html

Ubuntu gets SELinux