[News] New Reviews and Releases of Free Software (Digest)

The Audacity of Open Source Audio

,----[ Quote ]
| Audacity can be enhanced with plugins, and being open source, these plugins
| are encouraged (and are occasionally added to the main project). Naturally,
| there are other ways to get involved with the project, even if programming or
| a Google's Summer of Code Project isn't your forte. Audacity seems
| particularly eager for people able to help translating their documentation
| and website into other languages, as well as offer foreign language support.
`----

http://ostatic.com/173716-blog/the-audacity-of-open-source-audio

ConserveOnline to released to The Open Source Community at the Plone Conference
2008

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nature Conservancy announced plans to release the source code for
| ConserveOnline as open source under the terms of the GNU GPL license.
`----

http://www.gisuser.com/content/view/15813/2/

The makers of eZ Publish improve their Partner Program in light of recent
growth.

,----[ Quote ]
| eZ's presence as a leading software vendor helps customers to choose among
| qualified partners. 'Enterprise Open Source makes us able to qualify our
| partners,' explains Bertrand Maugain, Global Partner Manager at eZ. 'Many
| enterprises choose eZ Publish because it is backed by a trustable entity that
| can qualify and recommend the most relevant IT companies around the world for
| their specific needs. This is a key differentiating factor when compared to
| most other Open Source CMS.'
`----

http://www.pr-inside.com/the-makers-of-ez-publish-improve-r857302.htm

Recent:

Open source Plone 3.0 prove well worth the price

,----[ Quote ]
| Plone does one thing -- Web content management -- and does it with aplomb.
| That's why you'll find well-known U.S. and international organizations in
| most industries running their Web sites, internets, and extranets with Plone.
`----

http://www.zeapartners.org/articles/plone300

Plone: Official launch of PloneGov in Italy

,----[ Quote ]
| The Chamber of Commerce of Ferrara, the first PloneGov Italian member,
| invites 100 representatives from the public sector and open source experts to
| participate to the official launch of PloneGov in Italy on September 16,
| 2008.
`----

http://www.zeapartners.org/articles/ferrara002

Related:

3 open source e-Government projects merge and launch PloneGov.org

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source experts from the public sector, community and SME's
| participated in the first Plone e-government international workshop.
|
| [...]
|
| Attendants, equally representing the public sector, Plone community
| and SME's, came from several countries : Belgium, France,
| Switzerland, Spain, Argentina, The Netherlands and Luxemburg.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/6/8/21231

PloneGov Snags Lutèce d'Or for Open Source CMS Efforts

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/open-source-cms/plonegov-snags-lutece-dor-for-open-source-cms-efforts-001418.php