[News] Apple Macs: Protected by GNU/Linux

Linux powered mini-machines for Macs

,----[ Quote ]
| "As a nomad Mac user myself, who is heavily dependent on his computer and is
| always online, I want maximum security and mobility without installing heavy
| duty software on my MacBook Pro" he says.
|
| [...]
|
| The device is actually a Linux-based mini-computer that offloads the security
| requirement from the Mac onto the Gatekeeper Pico courtesy of its 12 built-in
| security applications.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/21130/53/

Recent:

Yoggie Pico

,----[ Quote ]
| Yoggie has a novel take on PC security -- rather than deal with anti-virus
| and parental control software that slows down your computer, just plug in
| this USB gadget. The Pico might look like flash storage, but it's actually a
| tiny Linux computer that polices your system. To really lock things down, you
| can make sure you PC won't get online without the Pico plugged in.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/fortune/0801/gallery.ces_preview.fortune/14.html

Related:

An update on Yoggie GPL compliance

,----[ Quote ]
| Yoggie has sent me a link to forward on to you that shows the start
| of their open source license compliance. http://www.yoggie.com/Partners
| They have also asked me to communicate the fact that they are working
| hard to publishing all the relevant info asap and have their legal
| team and IT staff dealing with it in tandem.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/241282/rss

Japanese MVNO offers XP users a tiny, Linux-based firewall

,----[ Quote ]