[News] Business Up 85% for Open Source Company

Zenoss Announces Record Quarterly Customer Growth amid Struggling Economy

,----[ Quote ]
| Commercial open source IT management firm grows 85 percent quarter over
| quarter
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10910.html

Recent:

Compiere Closes Third Quarter with Continued Global Expansion and 195 Percent
Growth

,----[ Quote ]
| Compiere, Inc., the global leader in open source business solutions, this
| week closed a strong third quarter during which the company reports a 195
| percent revenue growth for Q3 2008 compared to Q3 2007, as well as a 59
| percent growth in subscribers. In addition, the company continued its global
| expansion by adding partners in North America, Europe, Middle East and
| Africa, and Asia Pacific regions.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/compiere-closes-third-quarter-continued/story.aspx?guid=%7B616CBB6A-2AAA-4E4E-8155-680FDE4B68E5%7D&dist=hppr

Open-source innovation in a recession

,----[ Quote ]
| Nat Torkington over at O'Reilly suggests that a recession will be very kind
| to open source as companies seek to lower their IT costs while continuing to
| service business needs.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10063147-16.html

Hard Times: Open Source's New Big Test

,----[ Quote ]
| Grim financial times are not "ahead"; they're here, now. Belt-tightening and
| budget-butchering across the board are the order of the day. Now's the time
| for commercial vendors of open source to show what they're made of: if they
| can weather this, they can weather anything.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/10/hard_times_open.html

Open source is about belief in code

,----[ Quote ]