[News] Mandriva 2009 Potentially the Best Choice Among Everything

Mandriva 2009: Is It Better Than Mac Or Windows!

,----[ Quote ]
| PC users have never had so many choices ever before. All you are stuck with
| is Microsoft's Windows XP, which is almost a decade old. Well, not a decade,
| but almost. And latest Vista -- it's just not working. So what should you do?
|
| [...]
|
| In last couple of years, GNU/Linux has emerged as one of the most dynamic
| operating systems. They are full of choices. They can run on almost any
| machine of the planet, no matter how old or new. There can be some issues
| with some machines, which do not support GNU/Linux systems because those
| companies are too small to support something as big as Linux, so the point is
| should you be trusting those vendors who sell machines which can not support
| GNU/Linux. If you do, you have already made a wrong choice. So, next time
| when you go out to buy any new hardware, always ask the shopkeeper if the
| hardware supports GNU/Linux or not, if it doesn't just don't buy it. Get the
| one which does support the latest technologies.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/29437/news.htm

Fedora, Ubuntu and SUSE have releases pretty soon, so they'll catch up.

Recent:

Mandriva 2009 - KDE4 for mass adoption

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva is the first to release a new version this season among the others
| like Ubuntu, Fedora and Opensuse. Being early to release a cutting edge
| version with KDE 4, Mandriva has done a really impressive job. In this way
| they can win a lot of new users who are waiting for an upgrade. I seriously
| doubt if there will be better implementation of KDE 4 in the near future.
`----

http://linuxexperimentation.blogspot.com/2008/10/mandriva-2009-kde4-for-mass-adoption.html

Mandriva 2009 with KDE 4: First Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://jaysonrowe.wordpress.com/2008/10/09/mandriva-2009-with-kde-4-first-impressions/