Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 11th of October, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 11th of October, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 07:40:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 636 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     312 1310345     2%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>            71   63186    60%
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 23   39410    72%
   4. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   20   64141    42%
   5. Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@xxxxxxxxx>              18   32712    30%
   6. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   17   38942    41%
   7. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      16   20271    79%
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    14    6175    46%
   9. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   13   20802    16%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>              13   35464    37%
  11. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           12   11817    64%
  12. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        11    8070    35%
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               11    9702    60%
  14. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         10   29777     6%
  15. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      9    7216    31%
  16. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        8    9328    67%
  17. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                        7    5366    77%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                7    7619    82%
  19. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           5    2905    69%
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      5    7937    72%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                5    4211    79%
  22. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       3    3747    67%
      Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       3    2837    41%
      Paul Hovnanian P.E. <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3    1115    41%
  25. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                2     161     0%
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                2    3307    44%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           2    1297    74%
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@    2    1015    83%
  29. linuxmalaysia <linuxmalaysia@xxxxxxxxx>            1    1621     0%
      Nikola <nikola@xxxxxxxx>                           1    1563    20%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Windows Live Mail                                        29   37071
   2. [News] [Rival] Vista at 4% in Businesses After Alm       24   47891
   3. Weekly Amazon laptop line-up: Linux 20-25% of sale       17   21145
   4. Can Microsoft's Ballmer get away with it?                16   21598
   5. Amazon netbook line-up:  Linux at the top.               14   23580
   6. Ballmer:  iPhone will lose to Windows within 5 yea       12   19825
      Microsoft's "Destroy Borland" Story Returns              12   12685
   8. Vista?                                                   11   20625
      MyGOSSCON 2008 Malaysian Government Open Source So       11   23014
  10. [News] Linux Has A Birthday                              10   21380
      best piece of OSS?                                       10   31978
  12. Vista at 4% in Businesses After Almost 2 years            9    9239
      [News] Many Options for Gamers on GNU/Linux               9   20353
      Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Sourc        9   67272
  15. [News] Italian Carrier Offers GNU/Linux Laptops           8   17079
      Another Wintroll Quote Quiz                               8    5022
  17. Wall Street Flat, Microsoft Continues Falling (Des        7    5961
      PC makers are going down along with Vista!                7   11434
  19. [News] Windows-based Eee PCs Come with Viruses Out        6    6461
      [News] [Rival] More Class Action Headaches Over Vi        6   14356
      [News] 8,000 servers, 40,000 cores, all running Li        6    4583
      [News] [News] Open Source Supporters Convene in As        6   13233
  23. A Debian stinker                                          5    4188
      Roy, Boycott Novell, and OOXML                            5    7487
      Vista would crash and lock up                             5    9579
  26. Vista R.I.P.                                              4    8056
      [News] [Rival] 158 Boxes Filled with Microsoft Cri        4    3663
      dose ISR could be PREEMPTIVED in linux-2.6 ?              4    3974
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Scrambles to Hide Big Blo        4    7157
      Famed investor backs away from web-obsessed Micros        4    3043
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     34
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           24
   3. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        16
   4. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                15
   5. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             14
   6. Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@xxxxxxxxx>                             13
   7. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     11
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         11
   9. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    9
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           9
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     9
  12. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               8
  13. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         6
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           6
  15. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       5
  16. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               3
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               3
      Erik Jan <Erik@xxxxxxxxx>                                         3
  19. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        2
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       2
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               2
  22. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      1
      Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               1
      Stuartp77 <stuartp77@xxxxxxxxx>                                   1
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          1
      seani <nowhere@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   1
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       1
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                         1
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    143
   2. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        84
   3. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             78
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        74
   5. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           71
   6. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       68
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@xxxxxxxxx>                             68
   8. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    67
   9. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          66
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         66
  11. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   64
  12. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              60
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          60
  14. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                59
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      59
  16. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                      57
  17. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     56
  18. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              55
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           372
   2. slrn                                                            127
   3. Thunderbird                                                      42
   4. Pan                                                              31
   5. G2/1.0                                                           20
   6. Forte Agent                                                      12
   7. tin                                                               5
   8. Mozilla                                                           1
      MT-NewsWatcher                                                    1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 07:40:27 up 16:36,  2 users,  load average: 0.63, 0.29, 0.21