[News] ArchLinux for the Advanced User; Gentoo Derivative Grows Stronger

Life on the cutting edge - ArchLinux

,----[ Quote ]
| If you have a decent amount of experience in linux, of say, 9 months to 1
| year, or if you enjoy good commandline skills, and at the same time you want
| a distro with fast software install times and high speed and performance,
| archlinux is the one for you. I recommend it also for anyone who wants a
| distro which would help you LEARN more of linux. People who have no idea
| about linux but have used UNIX, Solaris, or BSD can also find arch impressive
| and it can teach them linux easily.
`----

http://thesmallerbang.wordpress.com/2008/10/10/life-on-the-cutting-edge-archlinux/

The road to Sabayon 4.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Our team is growing stronger and everybody is working hard to get things in
| shape. I think its like 2 months ago that we decided to write down an
| organisation structure in wich everybody invloved gets a place and its tasks.
`----

http://joostruis.blogspot.com/2008/10/road-to-sabayon-40.html

Recent:

Arch Of The Penguins

,----[ Quote ]
| THERE are those Linux distributions which will install in a coffee break,
| with little intervention required from the user.
| And there are those which demand plentiful reading beforehand, a thorough
| knowledge of one's hardware and a calm, clear mind.
| Arch Linux 2008 falls into the latter category – and I love it.
| I have been using Linux for more than a decade now but have only recently got
| around to trying Arch.
| Arch is “a lightweight and flexible Linux distribution that tries to Keep It
| Simple”, according to the website, but new Linux users take note: “Simple” is
| not the same as “Easy”.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/09/arch-of-penguins.html

Arch Linux for the DIY Linux user

,----[ Quote ]
| Arch Linux is a distro designed for users who like to be in control of what
| apps are installed on their systems. Unlike other distros with similar
| objectives, Arch doesn't sacrifice ease of use completely. It uses BSD-style
| init scripts, which eases configuration tasks, and a dependency-resolving
| package manager that helps keep the system updated. All in all, Arch is a
| nice distro for users who wish to learn about Linux and mold their Linux
| systems without breaking into a sweat.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/141550

Arch Linux 2008.06: Overlord