Re: [News] Linus Torvalds Starts a Blog, Announces Last RC of Linux 2.6.27

alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 00:21:57 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I know, I know, I said that -rc8 was supposed to be the last -rc, and
>> that | I'd release 2.6.27 this weekend.
>> |
>> | I lied. Sue me. I merged two subtle regression fixes today, and while
>> both | looked perfectly fine and had been tested by the people involved
>> in the | regressions, I just couldn't bring myself to then just slap a
>> "v2.6.27" on | it without some more testing.
>> `----
>
> The honesty is refreshing.

One could propose those two words as a .sig for most of our trolls.  It
would save everyone a lot of time...

eg.,

"I bought a Linux computer from bestbuy and nothing worked its all rubish
and just for hakers and anyway all my files were destroyed when it
crashed and itunes is crap anyway.  My girlfriend saw it and left me
strate away for a guy with a porsh car and I lost my job becoz I
suggested Linux for a server and its rubbish becas it crashes and it
needs a command line.  From now on I use windows.

 --
 I lied. "

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |