[News] Amarok 2 Reaches Second Beta

Amarok 2 Second Beta Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amarok Squad is proud to announce the second beta release of Amarok 2.0.
| This release includes a lot of bug fixes and improvements, like the switch
| from SQlite to MySQL-embedded. The LibriVox service is back, as is lyrics
| support. Please read the release announcement for a detailed list of changes
| since the release of Beta 1 and more.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1223401559/

Missing features in Amarok 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Not all of Amarok 1.4's features will necessarily return in Amarok 2. Many
| features will be ported over, a lot of new features will be added, and some
| old features will simply be dumped for good. Amarok 2 isn't simply a souped
| up version of Amarok 1, but it's almost completely a new program, and you
| can't expect it to work exactly like 1.x. If we wanted that, we could simply
| have taken 1.x and stuck a big "2.0!" logo on it, and be done with it.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/809-Missing-features-in-Amarok-2.html

Recent:

Amarok, the music player that does it all

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’re a big music lover, Amarok is definitely a program you should
| consider. It’s so terrific that I even had one friend who hates all things
| KDE admit that he used Amarok. So if you like doing everything you can with
| your media player, give Amarok a whirl.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/books/ubuntu_applications/amarok

amaroK: Music App for Linux Reviewed

,----[ Quote ]
| 8 Reasons Why amaroK is Great.
|
| Personally, there are just so many reasons why I love using amaroK:
|
| 1. Album covers. One thing I love about amaroK is being able to
| easily "fetch" missing album covers with a few clicks of the mouse.
|
| 2. Suggestive listening. Some might even say it is creepy, how good the use
| of "Music Brainz" is within amaroK, but I enjoy it. Discover new music you
| have never even heard of and the chances are you will like it a lot.
|
| 3. Tracking your music habit. Dynamic playlists based on your own personal
| trends, statistics on what your favorite bands, songs and genres are.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2810&Itemid=449

First look: Amarok 2 alpha 1 looking strong

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite some of the bugs and the weaknesses of the Plasma interface, Amarok 2
| is shaping up very well and is quite strong for an alpha release. It remains
| true to the vision that shaped its predecessor and delivers a feature-packed
| audio player that is aimed squarely at the power user. It rises above the
| iTunes mimicry that has become common among open source audio players and
| gives its users a truly unique experience.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080714-first-look-amarok-2-alpha-1-looking-strong.html
http://tinyurl.com/5qebbf

Amarok 2: Visual Changelog