[News] Another Special Distribution for Multimedia; Video Archive on FOSS Adoption

  • Subject: [News] Another Special Distribution for Multimedia; Video Archive on FOSS Adoption
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:15:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Become a multimedia pro with the Vector Linux Multimedia Bonus Disc

,----[ Quote ]
| Many audio, video, and graphics professionals would like to make the switch
| to Linux, but don't want to deal with the hassle of figuring out multimedia
| on Linux or are scared off by the purported lack of such tools. I created
| Vector Linux Multimedia Bonus Disc (MMBD) to address this problem and
| perception. It's a complete multimedia creation and production system that
| contains hundreds of the best multimedia applications available on Linux.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/149405

Digital Tipping Point

,----[ Quote ]
| The Tipping Point project has captured over 350 hours of video from various
| people around the world, and after the taping was over, the daunting task of
| editing and conversion of formats began. I think it took longer than
| Christian thought it would, but he is not the type of guy who gives up.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/blogs/paw_prints_writings_of_the_maddog/digital_tipping_point

Recent:

7 Best Linux Distributions for Multimedia Enthusiasts

,----[ Quote ]

http://www.junauza.com/2008/08/7-best-linux-distributions-for.html