[News] Many Options for Gamers on GNU/Linux

Gaming on Linux – What are your options?

,----[ Quote ]
| The benefit of having these games natively installed is the fact that it's
| easy to buy, install and play. It also allows you to play games online
| against your Windows using friends. Standout titles include:
|
| Quake 1, 2, 3 and 4
| Doom 3
| Unreal Tournament 2003 and 2004
| Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
| Neverwinter Nights 1 + Expansions (though not NWN2)
| ...and very soon Unreal Tournament 3.
`----

http://www.headshotgamer.com/review.aspx?id=84

Recent:

One live DVD, one ton of Linux games

,----[ Quote ]
| Contrary to popular belief, there is no shortage of games on the Linux
| platform. While the LinuX-Gamers compilation includes some real gems, there's
| no way all of the noteworthy games in the Linux library could fit on one DVD.
| For that reason, I hope that compilations of Linux games on live DVDs becomes
| a trend that will continue, and additional volumes will be released with
| different game sets.
|
| LinuX-Gamers is perfect for those who want to build a portable arcade or try
| out Linux games without repartitioning a hard drive. There isn't any desktop
| functionality here, but that's OK -- this is a gamer-specific distribution
| that isn't intended to help you get your work done.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/139589

Introduction to Linux Gaming

,----[ Quote ]
| When you think of Linux, you probably think of open source software and
| security, but not gaming. Most people think if you are into gaming, Windows
| is your only option. A few years ago this might have been the case but not
| anymore.
|
| So, if you are a Linux power user, or just prefer Linux, here are a few of
| your options for playing games on your Linux box.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/introduction-to-linux-gaming/

3x the fun…Triple Monitor Gaming!

,----[ Quote ]