[News] New GNU/Linux Releases: ALT Linux 4.1, Bluewhite64, Puppy, Clonezilla, Scientific Linux

  • Subject: [News] New GNU/Linux Releases: ALT Linux 4.1, Bluewhite64, Puppy, Clonezilla, Scientific Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 00:48:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ALT 4.1

http://www.altlinux.com/

That's the one being deployed in Russian schools.

Bluewhite64 Linux 12.1 KDE3 and KDE4 LiveDVD R1 released!

,----[ Quote ]
| New revised version is available for Bluewhite64 Linux 12.1 KDE3 LiveDVD.
| Also, we are introducing a Bluewhite64 Linux 12.1 KDE4 LiveDVD R1!
`----

http://www.bluewhite64.com/

Puppy Linux: LATEST VERSION: 4.1

http://www.puppylinux.com/

Clonezilla 1.2.0-27

http://www.clonezilla.org/

Scientific Linux Live CD/DVD 4.7

,----[ Quote ]
| The Scientific Linux Live CD/DVD runs Scientific Linux 4.7 directly from
| CD/DVD without installing.
`----

https://www.scientificlinux.org/news/livecd-47

Recent:

Large Hadron Collider - powered by Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The most powerful physics project in the history of the known universe - The
| $10 Billion Large Hadron Collider (LHC)- shot its first light speed beam this
| morning around its 27 km circuit. Beyond the 20 years it took to build and
| half of all the world's astrophysicists, it also takes another key ingredient
| to make LHC work -- Linux.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/09/large-hadron-collider---powere.html

The Russian schools Linux pilot goes nationwide

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/06/30/the-russian-schools-linux-pilot-goes-nationwide/