[News] A Look at the New NVIDIA Driver for Linux

NVIDIA 177.80 Display Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| For those using NVIDIA graphics on Linux, Solaris, or FreeBSD operating
| systems, head on over to the NVIDIA UNIX Portal to download the latest driver
| release. The FreeBSD and Solaris drivers ship with a similar set of changes.
| NVIDIA's two legacy drivers -- the 1.0-71xx and 1.0-9xx series -- have yet to
| be updated with support for X.Org 7.4, Linux 2.6.27, or any of these new
| bug-fixes.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia_17780&num=1

Recent:

NVIDIA 177.76 Display Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month we saw the release of the NVIDIA 177.67 Linux driver along with
| the 177.67 beta driver, and a 177.70 driver. In the fourth NVIDIA Linux
| driver release in under a month's time, the 177.76 display driver has been
| released. This too looks like another beta driver with more fixes in store
| for those with GeForce or Quadro hardware owners.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia_17776&num=1

The Multi-Seat Display Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| For those interested in configuring a multi-seat system with multiple
| monitors, keyboards, and mice, they can build the Multi-Seat Display Manager
| from git, use the provided Debian packages, or try out their Ubuntu 8.04
| LiveCD with MDM pre-installed.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjczMg

Enhancing multi-screen user interfaces using Ghosd and Synergy

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ghosd-synergy/index.html