Re: Windows Live Mail

____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Monday 06 October 2008 17:09 : \____

> [snips]
>
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Hotmail still riddled with spam
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
>> Hotmail addresses are spam.
>
> Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam.  That's
> not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the blame
> on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping spam-spewing bots
> off users' computers.

Today:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&sourceid=mozclient&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=captcha+hotmail

Spam swine break next-gen CAPTCHAs
Register, UK - Oct 3, 2008
Spam-tools scumbags behind the XRumer utility boast their application can
defeat improved CAPTCHA controls deployed by both Hotmail and Google in
response ...

Ars Technica
Right back at ya, CAPTCHA: bad guys crack Gmail, Hotmail
Ars Technica, MA - Oct 2, 2008
As for Windows Live Hotmail, Websense Security Labs has put together a
step-by-step demonstration of how an existing automated anti-CAPTCHA bot goes
about ...
Spammers attacking Microsoft’s CAPTCHA — again
ZDNet - Sep 30, 2008
... spammers and malware authors are once again attempting to break
Microsoft’s “revisited” CAPTCHA, and are able to sign up Live Hotmail accounts
with a ...
Spammers Targeting Microsoft's Revised CAPTCHA Slashdot
all 2 news articles »  MSFT - WBSN
Hotmail under attack
IT Examiner, India - Oct 2, 2008
... 2008 8:51 AM Security outfit Websense claims that spammers have cracked
Microsoft’s Hotmail mail service using streamlined anti-CAPTCHA tools. ...

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"