[News] [Rival] Employee/Partner Axing at Microsoft Might Not be Over

Is Microsoft’s Xbox 360 studio Rare next on the chopping block?

,----[ Quote ]
| A couple of days ago I wrote a story about how Microsoft announced the
| closure of one of its first party studio, Ensemble Studios. The stated reason
| behind this decision to close one of its studios was due to lack of
| scalability. In other words, Microsoft execs felt that Ensemble as a venture
| could not grow profitably. This raises an interesting question; could the
| same fate fall upon Rare as well?
`----

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/09/27/is-microsofts-first-party-studio-rare-next-on-the-chopping-block/

Xbox 360 fans angry at Microsoft studio Rare for not listening to them

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft’s first party studio Rare has been in the video game news recently
| due to some criticism it has received by Peter Moore, former head of
| Microsoft Game Studios.
`----

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/09/28/xbox-360-fans-angry-at-microsoft-studio-rare-for-not-listening-to-them/

There's always room for /another/ type of 'development' team:

"We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage Windows
technically more."

                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft

Days ago:

Microsoft hiring freeze? From recession to depression

,----[ Quote ]
| Confusion arises over Microsoft's hiring plans. The company issued a memo
| that hinted at a freeze, one employee said, but a spokesperson denies a
| freeze.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/33590#comment-190558

Microsoft institutes hiring freeze