[News] Linux Powers the BeBook (Electronic Books Reader)

The BeBook eBook Reader is a great device

,----[ Quote ]
| Quick specs overview:
|
|     * Supports pdf, mobi, prc, epub, lit, txt, fb2, doc, html, rtf, djvu,
|       wol, ppt, mbp, chm, bmp, jpg, png, gif, tif, rar, zip, and mp3 formats.
|     * Open software standard with free lifetime firmware updates.
|     * Linux 2.6.11.7
`----

http://www.linuxinfusion.com/bebook-ebook-reader-great-device

If it's a book reader, it's probably Linux. De facto.

Recent:

Amazon's Kindle 2 leaked

,----[ Quote ]
| After rumors surfaced on the Web a few months back that a new Kindle might be
| on the way, Amazon.com did its best to shoot them down, saying a new Kindle
| was not coming this year. Well, Boy Genius Report has gotten ahold of some
| photos that appear to be the Kindle 2, so we're curious what Amazon has to
| say now.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10058352-1.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Throwing the book at today's computing needs

,----[ Quote ]
| You may want to take advantage of free online applications readily available
| in the Linux world, or use Google's free online word processor. Most also
| have webcams.
`----

http://www.canada.com/topics/technology/columnists/story.html?id=6d60e11d-2ccd-49e4-be92-7d3f3cb1371f

iRex iLiad e-Reader: Linux's Answer to the Kindle?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1238478