Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Cost UK Banks and Customers a Fortune

> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Thursday 02 October 2008 13:40 : \____
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>>   this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> Phishing is a brute-force thing (botnets) which requires proxies (zombies)
>>> so as not to be identified and caught.
>>
>> I don't think so.  A proxy isn't automatically a zombie.
>
> True, but if it's a 'trusted' one, there's liability and it's easier to track
> down the culprit. Think about renting a car to commit bank robbery versus
> stealing a car.

Also, the pin data is gathered from phishing sites which are advertised
by spam sent from windows botnets, these botnets are made up of windows
zombies.

It's really not all that complicated, is it?

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |