[News] FSF's Latest Legal Advice and Google's Free Software/FSFE Placement

How To Avoid Becoming a Defendant in a BusyBox or Any GPL-Related Lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| The Software Freedom Law Center last month released a guide to help
| businesses avoid compliance issues with the GPL and LGPL, "Practical Guide to
| GPL Compliance".

Updates from the Free Software Foundation Europe

,----[ Quote ]
| My name is Shane Coughlan and and I work for Free Software Foundation Europe
| (FSFE), a non-profit, non-governmental organisation with offices in Germany,
| Switzerland, Belgium and Sweden. You may remember me from my last FSFE update
| on this blog on the Freedom Task Force, which is the FSFE's legal training
| project which I coordinate. Google's Open Source Team invited me to send an
| update about some of the cool stuff we are doing, so I'd like to start by
| giving you a little background about who we are and what we do.
`----

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2008/09/updates-from-free-software-foundation.html

Community Live - Google Open Source Jam

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has been holding small open source jams at its London Google
| Engineering Office for nearly a year now. Heise online UK went along to see
| how it worked.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/Community-Live-Google-Open-Source-Jam--/features/111614

Recent:

[FSFE PR][EN] FSFE to make legal consolidation tool available in 10 languages

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/press-release/2008q3/000217.html