[News] Linux Rises as Economy Falls, Solaris Misunderstood

Financial Crisis Offers Opportunity for Linux, Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Jim Zemlin, executive director of the Linux Foundation, says technologies
| such as Linux and open-source software can help enterprises cut costs during
| tough economic times. Zemlin says users should look to open source and Linux,
| systems management tools, and virtualization technology to keep budgets in
| line.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Financial-Crisis-Offers-Opportunity-for-Linux-Open-Source/?kc=rss
http://tinyurl.com/4y86x6

Sensational and regrettable: Zemlin on NYT Solaris claims

,----[ Quote ]
| A few days back, the New York Times online ran what was, for many, a
| sensational headline about Sun's Solaris: "Is Sun's Solaris on its deathbed?"
| While the piece was not written by its own staff, the fact that what many
| still consider to be a newspaper with some credibility ran with such a story
| did evoke plenty of reaction.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20898/1090/

Recent:

Linux experiences 'prolific' growth, says Linux Foundation's Zemlin

,----[ Quote ]
| Zemlin: The Linux platform is experiencing prolific growth in all aspects of
| computing, from embedded system to mobile applications and high-performance
| computing [HPC]. Linux is everywhere, from Google to Facebook, [from] cell
| phones to cash registers and ATMs. It's growing faster than any other
| platform and increasing its overall share of the market.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1319455,00.html
http://tinyurl.com/5soha8

Linux still super in Top500