[News] Warn Review of Sabayon Live DVD

Sabayon 3.5: Fun, as a Live DVD

,----[ Quote ]
| Sabayon has been an interesting distribution in the past. Their emphasis on
| including games, 3D drivers, and multimedia support out of the box has
| endeared them to me.
|
| However I've never actually chosen to use the distribution regularly, opting
| instead to play with the live games from time to time.
|
| While searching for a different kind of distribution to throw on Rig 4,
| Sabayon 3.5 came up. Given my pleasant past experiences I decided to give it
| a try.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/sabayon35.htm

"There's a lot of Linux out there -- much more than Microsoft generally signals
publicly -- and their customers are using it..."

                --Paul DeGroot, a Directions On Microsoft analyst.

Recent:

Another tremendous surprise

,----[ Quote ]
| Sabayon is a Gentoo-based distro, offering the simplicity and ease of use
| more typical of Ubuntu or PCLinuxOS. Alongside the Slackware-based Wolvix,
| Sabayon is a most refreshing addition to the ever-growing world of friendly
| desktop distros.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/sabayon_1.html

Review: Sabayon Linux 3.5

,----[ Quote ]
| Sabayon 3.5 is a definite step up from 3.4a, despite only being a single
| subversion higher.  The improvements and changes allow for a very complete,
| complex, yet simple and easy to use Linux distribution that can serve the
| needs of everyone from the UMPC and older PC users to those with the latest,
| greatest hardware.  Sabayon Linux 3.5 really has a something for everyone,
| and it does an excellent job of fulfilling their motto of "Dreams we can
| believe in."  And Sabayon 3.5 is more than a dream I can believe in, it's a
| reality I can use and trust.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080721#feature

Sabayon 3.5

,----[ Quote ]
| The speed and stability of Gentoo are still present as well as it's
| incredible selection of packages and other associated overlays. Now this may
| sound like this is simply a more user friendly version of Gentoo, but it is
| so much more.
`----

http://azerthoth.blogspot.com/2008/07/sabayon-35.html

SabayonLinux 3.5 - Review