[News] Microsoft Treats its 'Customers' Like Garbage

Xbox points

,----[ Quote ]
| I tried to buy some points the other night, in order to buy Braid and
| probably Castle Crashers, and the system barfed. We can't authorise your
| card, or some such. Bla bla. Peter B was over at the time, and guffawed with
| sympathetic indignance: he's experienced much the same, and said, oh just
| google Xbox Points Problems and you'll see you're not alone.
|
| I just got off the phone with my credit card company, and it went something
| like this:
|
|     "Oh yes, we're sorry your card got frozen, but you tried to make a
|     purchase from Microsoft, and it got flagged as a potentially criminal
|     activity."
`----

http://www.wonderlandblog.com/wonderland/2008/09/xbox-points.html

Phipps: "Alice explains that it's Microsoft's own behaviour that leds to their
customers' credit cards being suspended and then Microsoft declining
transactions as a result on XBox. Fail."

There are no faceless corporations

,----[ Quote ]
| I hate to break it to you, but corporations are just groups of people.
| Corporate policies are written by and enforced by people. Stockholders are
| people. Employees are people. Customers are people. Corporations are giant
| networks of individuals. True, they exist in a very complex arrangement, but
| they are individuals.
`----

http://www.davidkspencer.com/2008/09/04/there-are-no-faceless-corporations/

Related:

Top 10 reasons why Microsoft's Xbox 360 Customer Service is "teh br0ken".

,----[ Quote ]
| So there you have it Microsoft, the Top 10 reasons your support
| system is "teh br0ken", from my admittedly short experience with
| it. When I'd assumed a company of your size would set the standard
| for customer service, I didn't mean the standard by which to do
| better than...
|
| I realize it's probably no great revelation that their customer
| service sucks, but come on, why can't they fix this? Can they
| only fix simple things? That makes them useless for people with
| "real" problems.
`----

http://www.gamercastnetwork.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28315&postcount=68

Another Xbox Support Nightmare

,----[ Quote ]
| We seem to be receiving an increasing number of horror stories from
| Xbox 360 owners who have had to call Microsoft's Bangalore-based
| tech support call center. When your reason for calling is a
| bricked console, one would think it would be a painless and
| quick procedure to get the thing replaced or repaired.
| Apparently not the case, according to Brent from Consumerist.com
`----

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10875/

Xbox 360s Still Dying, Customer Service Still Crap

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/xbox-360s-still-dying-customer-service-still-crap-222843.php