[News] Yandex Search Engine Releases Free Software

Russian Google Competitor Embraces Open Source Messaging

,----[ Quote ]
| MacOS X and GNU/Linux versions of the app were also released (complete with
| sources under the GPL) and are determined to be based on the Psi IM client.
`----

http://tech.slashdot.org/tech/08/09/06/2350233.shtml

Recent:

Erlanger (Ky.) Police Department

,----[ Quote ]
| They completed the system by adding an open-source search appliance from
| Apache Lucene and an Information Builders tool called WebFocus Magnify, which
| compiles structured and unstructured data references into an index that can
| easily be searched by an appliance. Magnify then uses metadata about the
| structured data to categorize search results to give users a better context
| and relevancy for queries.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/090208-erlanger-ky-police.html?fsrc=rss-linux-applications

Teragram Integrates Linguistic Tools with Apache Lucene Open Source Search
Engine

,----[ Quote ]
| Teragram, a SAS company and the leading provider of multilingual natural
| language processing technologies, announced today that it has integrated its
| linguistic suite into the Apache Lucene open source search platform.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080520005022&newsLang=en

Related:

Wikipedia like search engine to use Apache Lucene - Nutch

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.indicthreads.com/news/1062/wikipedia_search_engine_apache_lucene_nutch.html