Re: [News] Yahoo Disses Microsoft with Firefox Recommendation

Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 11:40:37 GMT, 7 wrote:

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Yahoo.com promoting Firefox 3!

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo is offering a customized Firefox 3 edition which comes with some
| customizations optimized for Yahoo users:
| | ? The world?s homepage with built-in Search powered by Yahoo!
| ? Yahoo! Search with Search Assist for instant suggestions as you type,
| and
|   SearchScan for added safety
| ? Yahoo! Toolbar to keep your favorites at your fingertips
`----

http://stuff.techwhack.com/4763-firefox-3-yahoo-edition

That must hurt. Yahoo recommends Firefox!
Tens of millions of users convert to open source browser.

I can see micoshaft's lemonating wimmin suiting up
to parachute in and destroy this thread.

Firefox is a superior browser.
So is Opera.

When people see a better choice they usually go for it.
They don't however seem to be going for Linux,

According to published web-hit stats, usage share has more than doubled since about April '07. How long has it been since you were saying usage share was at 0.6%? Only a few months. Usage was flat at 0.4% from Feb '06 to April '07. Last month, usage was reported as 0.93%.

Based on the stats for the last several months, we can expect that usage share each month will be about 4 3/4% more than that of the previous month. That growth rate implies a doubling of usage about every 15 months.

But we will see that growth rate increase as sub-$200 Linux netbooks begin to flood the market.

even after 15+ years of
being free.

OpenOffice and Firefox having led the way, and with new awareness and new tools for cross-platform development, we will soon be seeing a broad range of high-quality free and commercial cross-platform apps, whose lack is now by far the main thing holding Linux back.