[News] Overview and Impressions of ACCESS Linux

A hands-on overview of the Access Linux Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The ACCESS Linux Platform (ALP) attracted lots of attention at the most
| recent LinuxWorld, where it impressed third-party software developers and
| intrigued mobile Linux enthusiasts. During the event, I got some hands-on
| time with with the ALP software on functioning prototype boards, and I took
| the official SDK for a test drive.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/access-linux-hands-on.ars

Recent:

ACCESS Linux Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| ACCESS CO., LTD., a global provider of advanced software technologies to the
| mobile and beyond-PC markets, today announced the Company concluded a System
| Engineering Assistance agreement with NTT DOCOMO, INC. on July 16, 2008.
| According to the terms of the agreement, ACCESS will create the technical
| specifications for co-developing an operator pack for ACCESS Linux
| Platform(TM) for DOCOMO's FOMA(TM) 3G handsets. FOMA (Freedom Of Mobile
| multimedia Access) is the brand name for NTT DOCOMO's 3G services, and was
| the world's first W-CDMA 3G service, launched in 2001. The two companies are
| targeting the conclusion of an agreement detailing software development work
| for the FOMA operator pack during August.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/access-ntt-docomo-conclude-technical/story.aspx?guid=%7BC9D9C7E9-F9CD-44D3-A72D-E4CA59A1CD2E%7D&dist=hppr

ACCESS Announces NetFront Browser Widgets on ACCESS Linux Platform, Support for
Mobile Internet Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| ACCESS CO., LTD., a global provider of advanced software technologies to the
| mobile and beyond-PC markets, today announced it is extending the
| functionality of ACCESS Linux Platform with the addition of NetFront(TM)
| Browser Widgets for mobile handsets and consumer electronics, and support for
| Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs). With these new capabilities, businesses can
| quickly implement a wide range of widget services and deploy products in a
| new category of Internet-savvy mobile devices, based on ACCESS Linux
| Platform.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/access-announces-netfront-browser-widgets/story.aspx?guid=%7B8069E2E9-E325-4A76-86A1-62AAB8AEAF55%7D&dist=hppr

Access says Palm touched its OS

,----[ Quote ]
| MOBILE LINUX ghost-OS and micro-browsers firm Access Systems told the
| INQUIRER there will be no Netfront 3.5 browser for Palm devices unless Palm
| requests it, and that Palm has fiddled with its Garnet OS.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/23/access-palm-touched-its-os-therefore-no-netfront-unless-they-ask-for-it

Palm Centro hits 1 million unit mark

,----[ Quote ]
| But if Palm can build off the Centro with its next device, a Linux-based
| handset, we might see Palm back in the mix in a big way.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=19&entry_id=25341

Does ACCESS threaten Windows Mobile? (Video demonstration & interview.)

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/7183.html