[News] Unofficial Chrome for GNU/Linux Already Out

A Linux users' guide to Google Chrome

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, I’ll show you how to obtain and build the Linux source. A heads up:
| you won’t be Chroming after this, Google haven’t finished porting it to Linux
| and I’m certainly not smarter than the Google engineers and have no magic
| fix.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20425/1141/

Chromium Build Instructions?

http://jldugger.livejournal.com/16704.html

Chromium - Open Source Chrome

,----[ Quote ]
| As you might have noticed from our Google Chrome coverage, we're pretty
| excited about the potential -- even if it hasn't lived up to everyone's
| expectations. Much of that potential is tied-up in the architecture used to
| create Chome. As Google continued to reiterate during yesterday's webcast,
| Chrome is open source.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/09/03/chromium-open-source-chrome/

Recent:

Chrome aims to kill Windows, make Web the OS of choice

,----[ Quote ]
| Mike Masnick, president and CEO of IT research firm Techdirt, agreed that
| Chrome is a key part of Google's strategy top make the operating system
| obsolete.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1173717091&rid=-50

Google Chrome: First run around the track

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/google_chrome_first_run_around_the_track