Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses the 'Pirates' Lie Against Regulators, Not Just GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> "It's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy
> than when there's not."
>
> --Bill Gates

Are there any figures for the number of pirated Windows systems in use?

Versus those which have been legitimately bought and paid for?

My guess is that the vast majority of Windows systems and software are
actually pirated.

Presumably Microsoft hold such figures themselves, and will be able to tell
us. But I could be wrong, since they might not wish to know, or to confess
the figure.