Re: Schestowitz Pleasing his Masters again...

On Sep 1, 5:36 pm, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article
> <ed20bee9-79c2-42f5-ba02-9b5b31874...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>
>  "ness...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ness...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > And I suppose Roy is being paid by, let's see, Penguin Monopolies!
> > That's it!
>
> > No matter how many times this stupid and absurd idea (that Roy is
> > being paid) is shot down, Moshe=flatfish posts it again regularly.
>
> So when Roy himself posted an announcement to Digg that Netscape had
> hired him to find and post stories on their Digg clone (stories which he
> then also posted here and on other sites), he was mistaken?

I've never seen Roy post anything about being paid.  I don't read Digg
anyway, but if Roy did that, posting under your own name and admitting
your financial conflicts of interest is a far cry from Moshe=flatfish
and his thousands of nyms and chorus of sock puppets, pretending to be
some innocent user who tried linux but it destroyed his hard disk, or
shifting to a one-time nym for some particularly ugly attack, or
trying to destroy Roy's name and employment prospects by salting
Google with claims that he is homosexual or a child molestor.  How do
you characterize that?  Lies, ugly lies, are what it is.  Oh, I know,
just because you don't respond to those things doesn't mean you
approve.  How convenient!  So you can support flatfish with a clean
conscience!  It's so easy!  And please do a comparison of Roy's posts
vs those of Flatfish.  Roy posts links and summaries of articles,
blogs etc that have appeared elsewhere.  They are always relevant to
Linux.  He is almost always polite.  You may accuse him of distorting
the message sometimes (you do, in fact), and you may not like the anti-
Microsoft message.  But it's not all anti-Microsoft, there's a lot of
plain pro-OSS in there, or criticisms of other companies too, like
Apple, Cisco etc.  And it's on topic.

> Roy claims that numerous people here are paid to post.  For *every*
> *single* *one* of them, there is far more evidence that Roy is paid than
> that the person Roy accuses is paid.  How come I've never seen you
> comment on how absurd Roy's accusations are?

You're much to smart to believe this.  Do you think anyone else will?
This is really stupid.  Microsoft has a *proven history* of paying
people to falsify their names and to make false claims of support for
their products or in their corporate interest.  This includes writing
letters to the editor of newspapers under the names of dead people.
Have you read the Halloween documents, or the transcripts of the Iowa
trial?  They're archived on groklaw, in case you're interested.  Oh
how convenient of you!  There's no proof that Moshe=flatfish and his
thousands of nyms are paid by Microsoft!  What an easy cover to hide
under!

I can't prove that Moshe is paid by Microsoft or that DFS is not, and
I'm not interested in wasting time on it, either.   That is, however,
my opinion.

It is also my belief that after the DOJ case and the Halloween
documents, Microsoft got much more circumspect about covering their
tracks, including destroying emails and other evidence.

> Roy's only evidence against most of those he accusesis his theory that
> no one would spend for free the time they spend reading and responding
> to him, hence he deduces that they are paid.

This is stupid.  You know Roy has cited many times the documentation
of Microsoft's historical involvement in this kind of activity.

Yet he spends far more
> time at this than he does.  By his own reasoning and criteria,
> therefore, he must be being paid.

Last time I looked, Moshe=flatfish had posted twice as much as Roy (I
looked at Jan-April of 2008, something like that).  And that's not
counting flatfish's million alter egos.

Flatfish's activity increased markedly about the time he starting
using the Moshe nym.  At about the same time, he wrote a threatening
post to Roy, saying (I paraphrase) that his activities had attracted
the attention of powerful people, and that he was going to be in for
it.

> If you don't believe that, then you logically

There is nothing logical about what you say.  It's twisted distortion,
pure and simple.

must also reject his
> accusations against others as to being paid to post.  Do you?

Why is it so hard to accept that Roy is what he seems to be, and what
he claims to be?  A student who has developed a passionate and
idealistic belief in free and open software?  You don't have to like
what he does to see that that is true.  Is it because in the Microsoft
world, nobody does anything except for money?

Sometimes you are sensible and seem decent.  But you discredit and
diminish yourself by your association with and support of flatfish and
his ilk.