[News] Lifehackers Move to GNU/Linux and Explain Why

Why Lifehacker Readers Switched to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| We asked the devoted Linux users, the dual-Windows-and-Linux-booters, and the
| newer converts to the open-source operating system last week why they made
| the switch to Linux, and received over 330 responses as of this posting. The
| answers were sometimes level-headed, often passionate in their embrace of
| open-source culture, and occasionally induced a laugh (or a cringe) with
| tales of the last straw before switching. Read on for a look at why a good
| number of Lifehacker readers took the time to learn, customize, and adopt to
| Linux. Photo by Sphinx the Geek.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5044212/why-lifehacker-readers-switched-to-linux

Recent:

Try ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| In this article I will try to give you some idea of the capabilities of
| Ubuntu to see if they fit your needs.
|
| I’ll also provide some links that I feel you must read before you install it
| on your computer.
|
| Note: I know I’m a bit biased, but I’ll do my best to remain neutral.
`----

http://linuxowns.wordpress.com/try-ubuntu/

5 simple reasons to choose Linux over Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Without getting into much details, we shall today try and see 5 major reasons
| why people who prefer Linux over Windows Vista do so.
|
| 1. Hardware Requirements: It’s never too much for Vista!
|
| [...]
|
| 2. Rights & Limitations: Unlike Vista, Linux doesn’t restrict how content is
| used on a system.
|
| [...]
|
| 3. There is no Linux Genuine Advantage!
|
| [...]
|
| 4. Security Issues: You can never miss out on this.
|
| [...]
|
| 5. You name it, you have it!

http://brajeshwar.com/2008/choose-linux-over-windows-vista/

Vista weakness could feed Linux growth