[News] Citibank Finds Out That Ignoring GNU/Linux Makes War

Citibank infuriating its customers with Linux-hostile site

,----[ Quote ]
| So you use that web browser to fill the application for a credit card at
| Citibank, and finally receive it. But when you start using that credit card
| and want to check you card usage on-line, the system won't work when accessed
| with Linux. That's exactly what has got Linux users furious at the banking
| giant.
|
| Jason Antman, a techie and IT major at Rutgers University in New Jersey, got
| furious last week after realising that getting a card from Citibank using a
| Firefox is as easy as a walk in the park, but then checking his card activity
| on CitiCards.com using the open sauce browser was, well, as hard as a stone.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/feeds/rss/generic/en/GB/inq/latest/gb/inquirer/gb/inquirer/news/2008/09/02/citibank-continues-infuriating-linux-users

Bank of America recently fixed it. Citibank is likely next.

Related:

Citibank: You’re on Notice

,----[ Quote ]
| I hope they hear from enough people to take note. I think the Americans with
| Disabilities Act may be a powerful argument in favor of making web sites more
| standards compliant and accessible.
`----

http://www.movingtofreedom.org/2007/08/26/citibank-you-are-on-notice-support-free-software/

Recent:

Bank of America to support Firefox, finally

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/29586

Bank of America may finally embrace Firefox

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9986201-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20