Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Desperate for Cash, Uses Blackouts

____/ Roy Schestowitz on Saturday 20 September 2008 08:05 : \____

> ____/ Homer on Saturday 20 September 2008 03:23 : \____

>>> ____/ Brad on Friday 19 September 2008 16:49 : \____

>> Good to know Microsoft core employees like you are so worried about
>> GNU/Linux that you track COLA.
>>
>>> Enron has nice buildings too. And pension plans. Oh, the pensions!
>>
>> The US is in debt to the tune of *$9.7 Trillion*, thanks mainly to their
>> Oil Exploration, ahem - I mean "War on Terror" in Iraq, and yet the good
>> people in the US continue to wake up, eat a healthy breakfast of grits
>> and maple syrup, and go to work every morning. Funny how that works.
>>
>> I guess it's all about checks(sic) and balances. Ballmer wears the
>> checks, and the creative accounting department juggles the SEC filing.
>> It's just like the Big Top, with Ballmer as the clown, and half the
>> carneys gluing coconuts to posts to rip off the rubes, whilst the other
>> half switch all the unserviceable equipment round like a game of musical
>> chairs, to fool the inspectors. Its amazing what you can accomplish with
>> smoke and mirrors. Eventually their flimsy Big Top is going to collapse
>> though, then we really will all have a good laugh.
>
> Microsoft may be like a man on speed, 'living it up'. One day it may wake up
> and realise the the cardiac damage leaves it just 6 months to live (at most).
>
>     "Ironically the $45 billion bet on Yahoo, partly funded by debt, comes
>     just
> as Microsoft is finally starting to make good on its decade-old promise of
> earning money beyond Office and Windows.
>
>     […]
>
>     "In the end (returning to this blog’s ostensible subject) this is a very
> good deal for open source. It takes Microsoft’s eye off the competitive ball.
> It tells everyone inside Big Green to forget about intrapreneurship. It eats
> up the cash Microsoft had to threaten Linux with.
>
>     "But this is going to end as all tragedies must, with tears. Steve
>     Ballmer
> is getting taken for the biggest ride of his life, and one day he’s going to
> find himself dumped out of the limo by the side of the road wondering what
> happened."
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2007
>
> I like that last bit. Pretty mind describes lots of the fraud that's being
> exposed at the moment, with the SEC going AWOL.
>

> - --
>                 ~~ Best of wishes
>
> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
> http://Schestowitz.com  |  RHAT GNU/Linux   |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>  08:00:01 up 2 days, 15:39,  2 users,  load average: 0.49, 0.74, 0.75
>       http://iuron.com - help build a non-profit search engine

Bruce Perens' site has some good article about this at the moment (recommended
read):

http://technocrat.net/d/2008/9/19/49728
http://technocrat.net/d/2008/9/19/49727

- --