Re: [News] Microvell Employee Throws Slime at Ubuntu, Gets Slammed in Return

In article <48d40a59$0$6559$9b4e6d93@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 Peter Köhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >
> http://dustinkirkland.wordpress.com/2008/09/18/whats-behind-gregkhs-latest-ran
> t/

His stats on relative size of Canonical, Red Hat, and Novell are
interesting.  Red Hat and Novell are between one and two orders of
magnitude bigger in terms of number of employees, and probably similar
in terms of revenue.  IBM is three orders of magnitude bigger.

At first glance, that seems a pretty good critique of Greg
Kroah-Hartman's article...until you realize that Kroah-Hartman has
*personally* contributed more patches to the kernel than all of
Canonical.  That pretty conclusively shows that the "the others are
bigger" argument is not all that persuasive.

> >> Ah yes. That explains why Novell/SuSE is doing more than 70 times the
> >> number of patches. Or Red Hat more than 100 times the patches.
> >>
> >> It is all a big Novell/MS conspiracy...
> >>
> >> Roy, please don't treat me as stupid as DumbFullShit or Hadron Quark
> >
> > It shows you just the kernel though.
> >

> Then please don't treat me like an imbecile with links like that.
>
> If I want a conspiracy theory, I will say so. Until then, please provide
> only links which warrant to be read more than 5 lines when arguing with me

He *has* to treat you like an imbecile, because he has to limit himself
to links that *he* can understand.  If he offered links that were worthy
of you, he wouldn't understand them, and if you happened to disagree
with them, he'd have no good answer to you.

He can offer links he doesn't understand to me, and a few others,
because if we tear them apart, he can just label us "wintrolls" or
"Munchkins", call for everyone to ignore us, and under that cover, run
away to lie another day.

Roy, as disconnected from reality as he is, is not so far gone (yet) as
to try to call you a wintroll!  So, you are going to get the imbecile
treatment, because he's going to try to argue with you as if you were on
his level.

--
--Tim Smith