[News] [Rival] Microsoft Celebrates Software Violations, Sheds Crocodile Tears

"It's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy than
when there's not."

                                --Bill Gates. 2007

Microsoft: 83 pct of Montenegro software pirated

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft in Montenegro says that 83 percent of software in the Balkan
| country is pirated.
|
| The company says illegal software cost the country US$7 million in 2007.
`----

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/09/18/business/EU-Montenegro-Software-Piracy.php

Microsoft loves and sometimes encourages that. In this particular case, they
try to warn the nations that it is the nations' loss and therefore they should
do Microsoft's job squeezing more money out.

Related:

Hypocrisy off the port bow!

,----[ Quote ]
| Admiral Holleyman of the Bull Shit Association dares claim that our craft
| makes his skainsmates lose (that's the opposite o' win, for all ye
| spelling-retarded coppocias) $11 billion US dollars every year. Hoy-day! A
| flight of fancy I've ne'er seen before such bardleture came before me! Such
| presumptuous posy overflows my yellow bile. As if every man of the
| brotherhood would actually buy the programs he pirates! Bah! Next, I wager
| he'll be so bloody daft to presume that blokes should actually read a license
| agreement, the likes o' which have never been, and may yet never be enforced
| in full.
`----

http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/364

Microsoft Happy with the Evolution of Windows Vista Piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| But the truth is that Microsoft is happy with the way Windows Vista
| piracy is evolving. Is there a catch to this? No. The fact of the
| matter is that Windows Vista has delivered a heavy blow to
| software counterfeiters. The reason for this is the new Windows
| Genuine Advantage security mechanism integrated into the
| operating system.
|
| You may not notice this on the surface. On the surface, the
| Internet is crawling with Windows Vista cracks, hacks and
| workarounds. On the surface, every Windows Vista edition has
| been cracked and is available for download via peer-to-peer
| networks. But this is not the true extent of Windows Vista piracy.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Happy-with-the-Evolution-of-Windows-Vista-Piracy-50577.shtml

Microsoft seals its Windows and opens the door to Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,,1956941,00.html