[News] New Mandriva Release Tailored to Sub-notebooks

Mandriva unveils Linux for netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux publisher Mandriva has unveiled a version of its platform designed
| specifically for the new breed of mini laptops.
|
| Mandriva Mini is aimed primarily at vendors of so-called 'netbooks', and is
| customised for this category of small form factor device, Mandriva said.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2226511/mandriva-unveils-linux-netbooks

Recent:

Mandriva leaps into the netbook market with the GDium

,----[ Quote ]
| Lately it's hard to avoid the buzz about netbooks - the small, cheap laptop
| systems that were popularized by the Asus Eee PC (which, of course, Mandriva
| Linux 2008 Spring supports very well). Many in the community have asked if
| Mandriva is going to get directly involved in this market. Well, the answer
| is yes! Mandriva is providing the innovative operating system for the
| upcoming GDium netbook system, produced by Emtec.
`----

http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/GDiumInfo

Related:

Living with Mandriva 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| This is currently my favorite popular distro. From a practical standpoint, I
| feel it is better than Windows Vista. I don’t say that as a Linux slappy.
| Looking at it from an angle of which OS enables me to do the things I need to
| do day in and day out, Mandriva shines. My next article will compare Vista
| and Mandriva 2008 in depth, and I will convince you why 2008 wins.
`----

http://www.linuxtechdaily.com/2007/10/living-with-mandriva-2008/

Lessons from Africa: How to Kill Your Own FUD

,----[ Quote ]
| So, even as Microsoft claims superior quality over Linux, they act as if they
| don't even buy their own FUD. If they really believed that Windows was
| superior to Linux, they wouldn't have to bribe people with “marketing help”
| to get them to choose Windows.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2007-11-09-030-26-OP-MD-MS

There's always hope...

| Talk about spinning to a ridiculous level!
|
| If it isn't about the cost of software, why don't you give all your products
| away for free? You can't teach ANY computer skills without the software. And
| guess what? MS software costs money!
|
| Overall, we're talking more than 100,000 Classmate PCs when the deployment is
| complete. That's a crap load of licenses!
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/21831

Happy 10th birthday, Mandriva Linux

,----[ Quote ]