[News] Free Software Mixes Well with Profit

Free Software Shouldn't Mean You Can't Make a Buck

,----[ Quote ]
| Richard Stallman, the founder of the GNU Project, speaks at great lengths
| about preserving the ideological purity of free software, and in his vision
| of the future, computer software development is modeled after mathematics and
| science research, where all research and development is open. So far as
| Stallman is concerned, proprietary software production is unethical and
| should be avoided. As he detailed extensively in The GNU Manifesto,
| traditional closed source capitalism should be rejected in software
| development and replaced with a post-scarcity economy.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Free-Software-Shouldnt-Mean-You-Cant-Make-a-Buck-64518.html

Bob Dylan using Drupal

http://buytaert.net/bob-dylan-using-drupal

On the road with Funambol 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Funambol, the open source mobile device synchronization and push email
| provider, released version 7.0 of its server and client software in August.
| We took a look at what it offers, then took it for a test drive on mobile
| devices and the Linux desktop.
|
| At the heart of Funambol's synchronization abilities is a SyncML server
| running on top of Apache Tomcat. The company provides source code to a
| community edition of this server, and sells a carrier edition to commercial
| clients that adds on functions like remote device configuration and
| management.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/147800

AGPLv3.

Related:

Open-source Alfresco shifts to GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| Alfresco, a start-up that commercializes open-source software for
| helping customers keep track of their digital documents, has
| adopted the General Public License in an effort to attract
| outside programmers.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6161579.html

Digium: Driving Revenue in an Open Source World

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ip-telephony.tmcnet.com/topics/articles/25703-digium-driving-revenue-an-open-source-world.htm