[News] Mozilla/Firefox Prepares to Eliminate EULA in GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla/Firefox Prepares to Eliminate EULA in GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:02:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Firefox without EULAs — Update

,----[ Quote ]
| We’ve come to understand that anything EULA-like is disturbing, even if the
| content is FLOSS based.  So we’re eliminating that.
`----

http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2008/09/16/firefox-without-eulas-update/

Chromify Firefox with Chromifox

,----[ Quote ]
| Did you know that you can now change the appearance of your beloved Firefox
| web browser and make it look like Google Chrome? Thanks to Chromifox, a
| Firefox add-on/theme made by the developers of Camifox.
|
| Chromifox does not really alter the overall appearance of Firefox to the
| point of accurately making it look like Chrome, but at least it's a good
| start.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/09/chromify-firefox-with-chromifox.html

about:mozilla - 2010 goals, Add-on survey, TraceMonkey, SUMO, Benchmark
quality, chaos, and more…

,----[ Quote ]
| In this issue…
|
|     * Mozilla: Defining our 2010 goals
|     * Firefox add-ons developer survey
|     * TraceMonkey and Firefox Mobile
|     * Firefox support: Envisioning the future
|     * Polishing Firefox
|     * Developing guidelines for “Powered by Mozilla”
|     * Firefox logo style guide progress
|     * JavaScript benchmark quality
|     * Managing in/with/around/by chaos
|     * Ars Technica on Firefox, Gecko, and WebKit
`----

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/09/16/aboutmozilla-2010-goals-add-on-survey-tracemonkey-sumo-benchmark-quality-chaos-and-more/
http://tinyurl.com/5csvmf

Yesterday:

Mozilla Rethinking Firefox EULA

,----[ Quote ]
| After taking criticism from Linux vendors, Mozilla is now going to redo its
| end user license agreement and make it more friendly for open source.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/software/article.php/3771696

Recent:

Battle Brews Over Firefox In Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjcxOA