Re: [News] VirtualBox 2.0.2 Released, More Linux-based Virtualisation Enhancement

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> VirtualBox 2.0.2
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use.
> | Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance
> | product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional
> | solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the
> | terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). See "About VirtualBox"
> | for an introduction; see "innotek" for more about our company.
> `----
>
> http://business.pcauthority.com.au/download/virtualbox-202.aspx

A guy today had a red hot poker shoved up his whojammawhatsit today
when he came to compare his CAD files on my machine.

I opened some files and zoomed in/out on VirtualBox running on Ubuntu.

He tried his best on his identical but a real WINDUMMY PC
to repeat the effect....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

As claimed earlier, if you have Linux and dual core CPUs, then VirtualBox
will run the windummy OSen twice as fast as a real machine.

What I didn't know until now is that even if both machines are dual core,
the speed difference is astronomical!!!!!!
Its not just a perceived difference - it is GENUINELY ASTRONOMICAL!!!

So I have to say it all more correctly now like this...

If you have Linux and dual core CPUs, then VirtualBox
will run the windummy OSen twice as fast if not many times faster than an
equivalent identical windummy PC.

There is NO COMMERCIAL JUSTIFICATION for procuring a fast PC for someone
claiming to be a power user.

The only commerical justification is to retrain the WINDUMMY calling himself
a power user to use Linux and run everything under Linux and/or VirtualBox.